Our high school group, led by the venerable Pastor Chris Nye, is in the midst of a series called DATEABILITY (four weeks exploring the teenage dream).
Here’s his list of ten to not date, both for the ladies and the men:
Don’t Date a Girl Who…
- Always has a boyfriend.
- Flirts with everybody else.
- Uses her body to get attention.
- Talks about herself constantly.
- Tells you how much she hates others.
- Breaks up with someone else to be with you.
- Has few same sex friendships.
- Dates older guys.
- Gets in other people’s drama.
- says she likes you, but…
Don’t Date a Guy who…
- Is a poor sport/sore loser.
- Bought you an expensive gift.
- Is constantly comparing himself to others.
- Is never wrong/not his fault/never apologizes.
- Treats you differently in public than in private.
- Isn’t interested in your family.
- Doesn’t ask you out.
- Doesn’t respect boundaries.
- Must be alone with you.
- Never tells you no.
(Chris Nye followed that up the next week with “How to Ruin a Relationship.”)
Wish I had this kind of advice all around back when I was a teen. Actually, I’m sure my parents were telling me the same thing. Spread the wisdom people!